While we’ll miss our summer attire, we’re looking forward to transitioning our wardrobes for fall and investing in new pieces that will have us looking stylish throughout the coming months. To help us round out our fall closets, we checked in with TSG: Charlotte stylist Erica Hanks to find out which fashion trends she’s excited about for the upcoming season. Here are her chic selections, along with our tips for how to get the look from within the TSG network:
1. Super chunky, textured knits are back. Boiled wool has made a comeback with this trend, and the Acne “dames” sweater is the perfect blend of texture, volume and warmth. TSG: Get the look with this Smythe poncho from Eloise in Charlottesville, VA.
2. Fur this season will be found in so many different places than the usual jacket. Raccoon fur and goose feathers never looked better, and the bling make this Marni clutch a conversation starter as well as your statement piece. TSG: Get the look with a Milly feather trim sweater available from Treehouse Boutique in Jackson, MS.
3. Blanket coats are quite possibly the best part about fall this year. I love the indigo and black print from the Vionnet blanket coat. Dress it with a pair of leather skinnies or a pencil skirt to keep the blanket from overpowering the look. TSG: Get the look with this Mina & Olya vintage boucle duster from the San Francisco-based line.
4. Charcoal is coming strong as the go-to neutral this season, and it can be put with pastels and other neutral shades, or other variations of grey for a tonal feeling of depth. Rick Owens LILIES dress in charcoal is a stunner as a stand-alone piece, or layered with other grey pieces. TSG: Get the look with this Brunello Cucinelli dress from Marissa Collections in Naples, FL.
5. Sleeveless, elongated coats are an unexpected way to have a sophisticated fall look. Show off your guns in a sleeveless dress, or layer an eye-catching long-sleeve sweater underneath for more interest. I love Roksanda Ilincic’s pale turquoise version, which can make a fall outfit of blacks, greys and chocolates pop. TSG: Chicago-based Neapolitan carries the line; call to enquire about the fabulous coat: 847.441.7784.
6. Booties have become the season-less shoe. The Vince Brigham peep toe bootie is perfect for a warmer fall, and really looks amazing on everyone. TSG: Get the look with black booties from Beanie + Cecil in Wilmington, NC.
7. It wouldn’t be fall without plaid! The trick is to find modern takes on a classic trend. The Band of Outsiders mixed plaid trousers are a fresh take with the mixed plaid detail and slim fit. TSG: If plaid pants are not quite your thing, get the look with a Current/Elliott plaid shirt available from Tully Rector in Hunt Country, VA.
Erica Hanks is a wardrobe stylist whose work extends beyond her group of professionals, athletes, and well-known men and women across the country to commercial and editorial wardrobe styling for corporate companies, national campaigns, catalogs, TV segments and magazines. Her personal clients have been featured in national and international media outlets such as The Huffington Post, Vogue TV, Marie Claire, and the UK’s Daily Mail. Erica, who was recently featured in Southern Living, lives in Charlotte, NC, with her husband and children.